Re: KITKARNEWS

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>, "Wally Menke" <wallym@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: KITKARNEWS
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 1998 01:21:30 -0700
    I have to disagree.  Having never owned a Tiger, but having Owned both a 65
Alpine and IMP, I get somewhat misty when I think about my love affair with the
Prince of Darkness so many years ago.  It was a relationship that I will
..cherish.  It was not without it's hard times...came close to break up a couple
of times.  But I learned to love all of it's quirks and annomolies...
    As for the Structure of the car itslef, I believe that the fact that so many
of these cars, And their Alpine parentage (No flames or discussions needed!),
are still on the road is a fine statement of their inherant quality.  This does
not include the IMP however.  My Alpine was a very sound and Solid car, and lord
knows I put it through some tests.  I have always felt that The Alpine was well
designed and cunstructed car.  certainly ahead of it's time in the mid 60's.
The Tiger, with its basis on the Alpines Chasis and Structure, along with
changes for the Tiger specific componets, also make it a sound car.
    As far as I know, the brakes on the Tiger are Identical to those on the
Alpine, at least in 65.  My Alpine had the finest brakes of any car I have ever
owned.  No spungyness, Solid firm feel, excelent control, and excelent ballance.
I have strived, and unfortunately failed to achiev the same feel on all of my
cars since, Other than the IMP, ( I addded My Alpines Booster to it by running
new lines from the master to the Booster located next to the carbs, and abck to
the front.)  It also had excelent firm brakes after the retrofit.

    So to sum it up....I think anyone who involved in the Alpine and Tiger
Production and or Design, would be proud to stand up and be counted, without
being wisked away by the men in blck to be reprogrammed, or having to enter the
Witness protection program.

    So as you can see, I am PROUD to listed as an owner (although former, and
future hopefully) or the Fine ROOTES Sunbeam's that I have ownerd, and plan to
own again.   If we didn't respect the quality and joy and (heartache!), that
these cars bring us..  I say Stand up and be counted, and show your stuff !
That's why I am here !

Please take this all i jest !  As it was meant that way !...!!!!  8-)

Rich