Re: Think !!!

To: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Subject: Re: Think !!!
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 10:24:59 -0700
Doug,

You said:

"If others believed that a 50/50 mixture of grain neutral
spirits and
distilled water wouldn't be good as a coolant would you care
after it started spraying
in your face.Would you start looking forward to an over
heating engine?"

I guess this is referring to my post.

 I may not have been clear.  The original party was
using plain (or distilled) water, because his car was
overheating, and the overflow was somehow
getting from the near-road dump tube to his face (no
windshield)?  I thought that using plain water
just got it boiling sooner, and he seemed reluctant to fix
the actual problem of overheating.

The recommendation I made, although not as good as
anti-freeze, is better than plain water.  The key
is that the whole thing was a JOKE.  I was recommending he
cool his car with 100% isopropyl alcohol,
diluted 50% with distilled water, because it might "taste
better” if he wouldn't fix his problem.

Maybe you don't recognize the chemical formulation, but in
common parlance this is known as a Vodka
Martini, and it was a JOKE.  Although a 40% alcohol mixture
(80 proof) costs $9.98 for 750 ml, and
Prestone costs $7.95 per gallon, it's not so bad,
economically, to just pour it in from  the Vodka bottle.
It's pre-mixed, you know what to do with the left-over you
don't need to use, and when you drain it,
it can legally be disposed of in any number of manners.
{9->

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >