Re: Think !!!

To: "Theo Smit" <TSmit@novatel.ca>, "Steve Laifman" <laifman@flash.net>,
Subject: Re: Think !!!
From: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 1998 14:14:04 -0700
    Absolutely correct.  Isopropyl (Rubbing Alcohol) is a serious poison, and
can easily cause blindness, or death when taken internally.

    Using Ethanol (Drinkable alcohol) does work as an Antifreeze, however....in
mixtures of 80 to 100 proof or above, ARE a fire hazard !  When this stuff spews
out, through the normal vent tube, it would probably be OK, but I wouldn't want
that mixture splashing up on hot exhaust pipes, or take the chance of a blown
radiator hose gushing this mixture all over the hot engine and ignition
components...  Ethyleneglycol (regular antifreeze), ads glycerin as a lubricant
and a fire retardant.  Regular water/antifreeze mixture does not burn.

    A thorough chemical flush to remove scale and corrosion, followed a
seriously long flush, followed by a 50/50 mix of normal antifreeze, and water
(distilled if you want it to be extra pure without the chlorine, florene, and
other additives or natural minerals), with a bit of water wetter is the best
solution....

Rich