Re: Thermostat housing

To: craig@p-d-g.com
Subject: Re: Thermostat housing
From: FRANK_BONIFAZI@HP-FtCollins-om4.om.hp.com
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 14:01:37 -0600
     Theo,

     I too have have used a Heli-Coil for this purpose.  Actually a local
     shop put it in for me and its holding great.

     Don't forget to greese up the new bolts so you they don't break off
     like mine did whem I tried to remove the bolt.  My neighbors probably
     heard some new words &#%+ that day.

     Regards,

     Frank Bonifazi
     B9472682LRXFE

Author:  Non-HP-craig (craig@p-d-g.com) at hp-ftcollins,mimegw2
Date:    10/1/98 10:44 AM

Hello Theo,

If I were you, I'd try to install a Heli-coil in the bad bolt hole. You can buy
a kit for
different sizes at most large auto stores. The process is to drill the hole a li
ttles
larger and use the tap supplied with the kit to tap the hole slightly larger. Yo
u then
screw in a coil that looks like a spring and you are then back to the original,
desired
thread size, and it is just as strong as it was originally. Takes about and hour
.

Craig Wright

--
Craig Wright                          Product Design Group, Inc.
craig@p-d-g.com                   4635 Viewridge Ave.