Re: Thermostat housing

To: Chris Richards <richards@northcoast.com>
Subject: Re: Thermostat housing
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 15:53:02 -0700

Chris Richards wrote:

> hmmmm...cooling....hmmmm....short term solution....hmmmm
>
> Chris in Trinidad
>
> ----------
> > From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
> > Ifmthe
> > thread that's in there is not too badly gored out, I am planning to make
> > temporary repair by cleaning the threads (even that means I have to cut a
> tap so
> > it's short enough to clear the water pump) and putting in a stud so I
> stress the
> > remaining threads as little as possible.
> > Theo Smit
> > tsmit@novatel.ca
> > B382002705

Well,

Where do you suppose those bits of metal, generated from drilling and tapping,
go?  And is that where you want them?

Bob,

I have about three "right angle adapters".  One a drill accessory, one an
airfradt manufacturing tool with special bits, and one I just bought that fits
a cordless screwdriver hex drive attachment, and uses hex headed drills.  The
last one is the only one whose overall length is any less than a drill
motor/jacobs chuck alone.  Maybe you've had better luck.

Steve
--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >