Re: Rod length and oil additives

To: Doug Mallory <rdmallory@earthling.net>
Subject: Re: Rod length and oil additives
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 08:51:39 -0700

Doug Mallory wrote:

> How much heat would be produced to get this much HP? I am guessing enough to
>heat
> a small house let alone the poor sap behind the wheel. With my 350 hp engine
>the
> aluminum radiator put out  a blast of air like a 747.
>
> Doug
>
> Just thinking again....

Doug,

Thinking. A dangerous thing to do, on this list.  I think you may have
inadvertently
let Mayf's 'Cat' out of the bag.  As you know, the land speed record for
"automobiles" requires the power be delivered through the road wheels.  All
these
jet-engined record breakers are not going for the 'automobile' class, Mayf is.

You have 'inadvertantly' (I hope) revealed his secret formula for success.  All
this
'excessively heated air' he is generating is being carefully collected by
cleverly
disguised ducting.   Those leaky high pressure hoses connected to his fuel
system
are spraying into a 'fire safety catcher' and cleverly injected into this air
stream, where it is ignited by the excessive exhaust temperatures that are also
plumbed into the ducting.  These flaming high-pressure gases are ejected from
the
rear through a de-laval nozzle at supersonic speed.  We call this a ducted
ram-jet
engine.  He has also acquired, from un-named sources, a solid-state guidance and
control system to swivel this nozzle to keep the car going straight.

Luckily, Doug, I am only sending this message solely to you, so you will be more
careful in the future.  We wouldn't want the world to know about this, would we?

Steve

> --

                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >