Re: Tiger dash and GT cars

To: rande@thecia.net
Subject: Re: Tiger dash and GT cars
From: TigerCoupe@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 13:27:50 EDT
Rande,

I am confused by the comments in your post of 10/18/98 regarding Tiger GTs,
etc.

I assume that your description of ST cars refers to the Alpine only, because
it is not correct to say that Tigers had rubber floor mats or that only Tigers
with the vinyl dash were ST models.  And what does your comment about exhaust
manifolds on the Alpine model refer to?  Nosier, but more performance than
what?  While it is true that Rootes originally offered the Alpine GT beginning
with Series 3, it was also offered in Series IV and V.

There is no guessing when is comes to accounting for the number of Tiger GTs
produced (I assume this is what you meant when you said "the number of
separate model Tigers?") There were exactly 15 (not 40-50), 3 of which were
"AF" cars developed from Series IV Alpine GTs. Norm Miller did not put numbers
on these cars, the factory did, and they are clearly documented in the "Jensen
Ledgers."  Of course, they are also included in TIROST (The International
Registry of Sunbeam Tigers) which is maintained by Mr. Miller.  FYI, today
TIROST accounts for the current status of all but 2 of these cars.

So most of us are driving Tigers built after what point?

Dick Barker