Re: Roller rocker and valve cover clearance

To: BlueGolfer@aol.com, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Roller rocker and valve cover clearance
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 09:49:19 EST
Hi Rob,
I have run into this problem also. I solved it by cutting out a 3/16 in
aluminum spacer the shape of a gasket and by using two gaskets I raised the
cover by about 3/8 in. Because there is minimal space I cut the spacer with an
interlocking joint so that I could install it and the extra gasket after the
cover was in position. To make installing the cover easier, it's a good idea
to increase the clearance above the cover with a few blows when you have it
off.
                                John Logan