Top Installation

To: Tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Top Installation
From: jay peterson <japeterson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 21:25:32 -0700
I recently installed a new top on my Mk1 and after the latest rain storm
found the same lake in the back of the car that I had always attributed
to the old top with the gaping holes in it. After looking at the
installation, I decided to put the rear sides of the top between the 2
side Al pieces and the rubber seal even though my old top was not
installed that way. After the next storm came through I found the rear
dry. I subsequently checked on another Mk1 and found the top not
attached as I had done it the second time.
The question are;
How should to top be attached (or not attached) on the rear sides?
If it is not attached between the seal and the Al strips, what keeps the
water from flowing in?
TIA,
Jay Peterson
PS No I haven't tried to put the top down, and since I have removed the
top cover doors, I do not have to worry about them.