Top Installation

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Top Installation
From: jay peterson <japeterson@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:46:11 -0700
Thanks to all for the responses regarding the 2 aluminum strips which
are not supposed to attach to the top as I had done. Prior to  lowering
the top I will make sure I remove them, so I do not rip the top.
However, I am wondering, what is the purpose of the strips and the
weather stripping on the sides. It appears the top shelf of the strips
are for providing a nice ledge for the doors to close on for a Mk 1, but
I thought they were also there on a 1A.
Now that the new top and frame is on, I have the old top and frame
available if anyone is interested. The whole ass'y is rough but complete
and functional except one of the hinge boxes has a broken arm. The top
is better than having nothing, but barely, and the header is
structurally sound, but rusty from having been left down after water had
leaked in (previous owner).If anyone is interested make me an offer, the
top is in Santa Barbara, Cal.
Jay Peterson