bee hives

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: bee hives
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 10:00:28 -0800 (PST)
a)I was looking through a J. C. Junk catalog (not mine, I finally got
off their mailing list), saw something cute in their new-items pages. An
aluminum extrusion with LAT-8-style fins designed to slip over an oil
filter to dissipate heat; it is held to the filter by a big hose clamp
around its middle, it appeared in the drawing to go 95% of the way
around the filter. I would imagine that the efficiency would be directly
related to the ability to transfer heat from the filter to the
extrusion;

Hay Larry and listers:  I remember when I was a kid the flat head ford guys
used to run an oil filter that mounted on the fire wall and looked like a
bee hive.  It had fins to dissipate the heat and was made from aluminum I
think.  This might work for the tiger if it was mounted in the air stream
or you could hang two down so the tiger would have huevo's, que no.
  I wonder if those bee hive filters are still being made?  Anybody else
remember these?  later Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie