Re: elections

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: elections
From: tiger technologies <tartanad@ix18.ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 11:22:45 -0800
>Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 11:21:28 -0800
>To: Phyrman5@aol.com
>From: tiger technologies <tartanad@popd.ix.netcom.com>
>Subject: Re: Dr. No  and C.A.T.
>
>Bruce:
>It is nice to at last hear who was voted in as President and VP of C.A.T.
Congratulations to you and our new prez Dan Walters.

>The only problem is that since the by-laws are very specific in stating
that office holders CANNOT be involved in any business regarding the marque.
I am afraid that by going against the by-laws, the club is opening itself up
to a number of disqualificatory points in regards to the club's charter and
tax status.

>I agree that when it comes time for "volunteerism", many run for the hills.
But that doesn't make it okay or give license to the club to vote in
disqualified members anyway.

>Why not go through the mechanics of getting the by-laws changed so that
well meaning, highly qualified individuals like Mr. Walters and others can
legally hold office and help the club grow?

>But what do I know. Thanks to the fact that I have a "hobby" business of
providing requested and needed parts to Tiger owners, I cannot have a voice
in C.A.T. (But thanks to whoever it was who threw MY name into the
nominating hat).