Factory Specials

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Factory Specials
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 11:24:22 -0700
After sending my previous rant on wire wheels (thanks for the additional
clarification, Steve), and Tiger vs Alger identification, etc. I realized I
should have amended my note to exempt the documented factory Alpine conversions
from being classed as Algers.

I'm going to bring up what's probably a contentious issue: Concours or general
Tiger show 'n' shine judging. Excuse me while I find a phone booth and get my
Nomex on.

In a concours event, some feel that they have no chance against someone who
brings out a factory special, such as one of the Le Mans cars or one of the AF
prototypes. Is it not reasonable to have these cars compete in a class for (to
use the term from Norm's book) "cars receiving special factory attention"? This
would include the AF cars, the factory rally cars, the Le Mans cars, the police
cars, as well as the various series preproduction cars.

This scheme could be used at any meet where more than a few (a half dozen?) of
these 'specials' attended.

Comments?

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca