Re: Factory Specials

To: TSmit@novatel.ca, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Factory Specials
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 00:10:53 EST
In a message dated 12/14/98 10:31:52 AM Pacific Standard Time,
TSmit@novatel.ca writes:

<< In a concours event, some feel that they have no chance against someone who
 brings out a factory special, such as one of the Le Mans cars or one of the
AF
 prototypes. Is it not reasonable to have these cars compete in a class for
 use the term from Norm's book) "cars receiving special factory attention"? >>
My understanding of concours judging (very limited, I'm not too into "static
display") is that the car should be judged according to the state of
originality, restoration and presentation. Now, this doesn't seem to hold true
in certain arenas, such as Pebble, where cars which are over-restored (chrome
where never chromed, polished where never polished etc.) may hold the upper
hand. Regardless, a very close to perfect, otherwise average MkI should be
able to compete, on points, with any other Tiger ever made.
Mike