RE: Factory Specials

To: Steve Hoult <stevehoult@home.com>
Subject: RE: Factory Specials
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 17:02:35 -0700
Which is _exactly_ the problem in question. How do you keep the judges (and/or
the unwashed masses) from being bowled over by the knowledge that the factory
special they're viewing is essentially one of a kind and basically
irreplaceable, and therefore worth any amount of appreciation they could give,
especially compared to the Tiger next to it, which is just one of the regular
production run?

If you want to keep both cars coming out to the events and entering the Concours
judging, or any event where opinion voting (as opposed to timed runs, or totally
objective 'originality' scoring) takes place, it might be worthwhile to group
the specials together to keep the other entrants from feeling put out by the
glamor radiating from these cars.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705