Re: Speedometer light

To: "James E. Pickard" <geowiz@www.worldnet.att.net>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Speedometer light
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 10:14:25 -0800
Jim,

90% of my electrical problems with the Tiger have been caused by unreliable
grounding. With the brake lights and turn signal lights (both rear and
front), I have soldered ground wires to the sockets of each of these bulbs.
Of course, find a suitably reliable place to attach these wires
electrically and mechanically to the chassis. Once you do this, the socket
can fall completely out of the taillight assembly and the light will still
operate.

Bob

At 10:53 PM 12/17/98 -0600, James E. Pickard wrote:
>Thanks to the many who sent info on fixing my speedometer light.  Got it
>working, but not sure how.  I think the bulb housing was corroded enough
>to prevent a good ground connection.
>
>Now the next problem.  Got the turn signals working properly from the
>left side.  Forgot to move the canceling mechanism to the left as well
>yesterday.  While checking everything out I realize the right rear turn
>signal isn't working.  Bulb is OK (swapped it with the left side with no
>change in results).  Everything else works properly.  Any suggestions?
>
>Jim Pickard
>B9473298

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com