Clutch Master Cylinder

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: "W John Gardiner" <johngard@vianet.on.ca>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 22:00:01 -0500
Hi

You know those puzzles you sometimes get for Christmas that are made of a
horseshoe, some nails and some wire parts and the idea is to separate the
nails from the horseshoe by twisting things just the right way? I find them
pretty impossible. Then the guy who gave it to you takes off the nails in 2
seconds and expects you to be able to get them back on.

That's how I feel as I try to get the new dust cover onto the push rod of my
clutch master cylinder. Actually, it goes onto the rod just fine. It's
trying to get it over the dished washer that butts against the head of the
push rod without ripping the dust cover. The washer has to be on the inside
of the cover to allow the circlip to hold the push rod in place. The old
dust cover was torn so I bought a rebuild kit from Rick as SS. Everything
has gone well till now.

Does anyone know how to do this last step?

Thanks

John in Ontario