Re: Clutch Master Cylinder

To: "W John Gardiner" <johngard@vianet.on.ca>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Clutch Master Cylinder
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 21:06:02 -0800 (PST)
>Hi
>
>You know those puzzles you sometimes get for Christmas that are made of a
>horseshoe, some nails and some wire parts and the idea is to separate the
>nails from the horseshoe by twisting things just the right way? I find them
>pretty impossible. Then the guy who gave it to you takes off the nails in 2
>seconds and expects you to be able to get them back on.
>
>That's how I feel as I try to get the new dust cover onto the push rod of my
>clutch master cylinder. Actually, it goes onto the rod just fine. It's
>trying to get it over the dished washer that butts against the head of the
>push rod without ripping the dust cover. The washer has to be on the inside
>of the cover to allow the circlip to hold the push rod in place. The old
>dust cover was torn so I bought a rebuild kit from Rick as SS. Everything
>has gone well till now.
>
>Does anyone know how to do this last step?
>
>Thanks
>
>John in Ontario

Hi John, when I did this job, I cleaned the pushrod and the washer real
well then put on a little of that red grease that comes with the rebuild
kit on the edges of the washer and carefully push it through the hole in
the rubber cover, with the cover turned inside-out.  that gives you more
room to put in the circlip.  then once that's done you can turn the cover
right side out and install it.  hope this helps Armand

ritchie@mcn.org
Armand & Lorie Ritchie