Re: Frozen Engine?

To: BlueGolfer@aol.com, Dclark@microcide.com, owner-tigers@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Frozen Engine?
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 1999 18:47:46 -0800
Rob, Doug, et Listers,

What's the matter Rob?? Don't believe in miracles?? I suppose if the engine
was stored in a much drier climate than yours it could possibly be in good
running condition. I'd say go ahead and try and run it if you can Doug. Not
much to lose by tryin'.

My two cents in S.D.,

Bob

At 08:33 PM 1/18/99 -0500, BlueGolfer@aol.com wrote:

>In a message dated 1/19/99 12:23:58 AM, Dclark@microcide.com wrote:
>
>>I've just purchased a Tiger that hasn't run for 18 years. It has front end
>damage
>>and the radiator was destroyed, but it was running 18 years ago. So...I want
>>see if the engine is frozen. I'm going to drop the oil pan, pull the plugs,
>and
>>squirt some oil into the cylinders as well as on top of the heads. I think I
>will
>>start cranking it over by hand before I try the starter motor. What is the
>best
>>way to make sure I don't damage the engine? Does anyone have any
>advice/experience
>>with this?
>
>DOug,
>
>After 18 years I wouldn't even worry about being frozen.  Pull it and
>disassemble it for a complete rebuild.
>
>Rob Kempinski
>Melbourne, Fl

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com