Re: Tiger Monte Carlo Rally

To: "INTERNET:TigerCoupe@aol.com" <TigerCoupe@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Tiger Monte Carlo Rally
From: david duncanson <catsclaws@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 21:43:52 -0500
Dick nearly got it right! The film he refers to is called "Special Section"
not the "Tiger Sharpens its claws". Its an original "Rootes Group" film---
one of Fifty films produced by Stanley Schofield.I produced some 100 films
on tape called "Take Five",They should be available from Rick McLeod?---If
hes sold out then mail me and ill see what i can do
Tiger sharpens its claws covers Le Mans  and Geneva Rally 1964,Special
Section covers the Monte Carlo Rally 1965 and  is unique in that its the
first time that in car action is coupled with  intercom between driver and
co driver. There are several films which contain Tiger footage ----
probably the best is called "In the lap of the gods" which is the 1966
Acropolis rally. The film is a Castrol production and still available in
this country   I can post a full list if anyone is interested.