Re: Alloy wheels

To: edalsj@igs.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Alloy wheels
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 1999 22:16:58 EST
In a message dated 2/4/99 12:56:10 AM Pacific Standard Time, edalsj@igs.net
writes:

<< First, there were 5 Ford rims, 5 1/2J x 13, which appear from the
 markings to have been made in 1974. There are a number of different
 markings on the inside in various places...."K.A.2", "F-D",
 "INSP/WD042", "L", "2", "74", "HT 7 L 74". Nothing that I would
 recognise as a stock number. >>
Those rims might have been from a Capri. I know the Cromodora "star" wheels
used originally in a Capri application fit.
As far as fitment goes, anything which neccessitates spacers to work is
probably not that great of an idea (although many Tiger owners run spacers on
the back to fill out the wheel wells better). I read a number of posts from
the Shelby list a few months back which really explained what you are doing in
terms of shear force to the studs and it was not a pretty picture.
 Also "uni-lug" rims (which is what your ETs sound like) are not exactly the
hot ticket, but I have been using a set of Carroll Shelby "minilites" for the
last 6 years which are uni-lug and have had no problems.
Mike