Re: Rather have a Big One - Reply

To: laifman@flash.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rather have a Big One - Reply
From: MWood24020@aol.com
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 1999 22:17:14 EST
In a message dated 2/5/99 8:39:17 AM Pacific Standard Time, laifman@flash.net
writes:

<< BUT, IMHO, they are all a bunch of wusses compared to the
 torque capability of the Top Loader.  What's 300 vs 400
 ft-lb torque capability, when the Top Loader is capable of
 twice that, and is used with full race 427 Cobra's. And it
 shifts just fine with the stock linkage. You just can't
 break them, unless your really a ham hand. >>

Isn't the 427 top loader built with a much larger input shaft?
Nonetheless, the top loader is a GREAT transmission. What I don't understand
is why a Tremec (which is basically a 5-speed permutation of the top loader,
as I understand it) would be less capable of handling power/torque...
Mike