Re: Rather have a Big One

To: Dan Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Subject: Re: Rather have a Big One
From: "John Crawley" <johnc@nait.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 13:35:46 -0700
Dan:
I am running a cast iron SROD (from  a Ganada) in my TIGER with 30%
overdrive. It is so close to the original top-loader that it is hard to
tell the difference between the two when you see them side by side. I
believe the reliability problems came more with the aluminum models - mine
has been running fine for 10,000 miles. It may not be as reliable if I was
running a done-to-the-nuts 400 HP 302 but for long distance running with
the 289 it would take a 5-speed to  be better.
Godspeed
Jc