Re: Rather have a Big One - Reply

To: laifman@flash.net
Subject: Re: Rather have a Big One - Reply
From: Dan Jones <djones2@mdc.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 12:25:34 -0600
> But the design is
>the key, and the torque capacity pecking order is Top Loader, TREMEC
>TKO, TREMEC regular flavor, T-5 "World Class", and lowest on the >pole,T-5.

I'm not sure about the relative order of the top loader and the TKO.
I know my road racing buddy and his transmission builder prefer
the TKO over the top loader, though more gear ratios are available
for the top loader.  Drag racing might be a little different since
there higher initial shock loads.  The cast iron case might make a difference
there.

It's pretty amazing what BW did with materials on the T5.
That tranny was not designed to live behind a V8.

Dan