Dropping the motor out the botom

To: "'Tiger List'" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Dropping the motor out the botom
From: Dave Binkley <dbinkley@argotech.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 1999 11:45:20 -0800
Well, while the crossmember is out being powdercoated (2 week turn around)
I'm thinking pretty hard about dropping the motor out the bottom and
changing the clutch.  So, this question is for those of you who have done
this procedure before.  Two questions:

1.  Do you need to take the water pump off?  Looks like it will clear to me,
but I don't want to be in the middle of this and have it hang up somewhere.

2.  How do you get the right exhaust pipe clear?  I have it disconnected
from the exhaust manifold, but it is definitely still in the way.  I got the
left pipe roatated, pulled back and out of the way.  Unable so far to do
that on the right side.  My system is stock manifold and exhaust pipes.
Can't disconnect the right hand side pipes forward of the muffler due the
two pipes being welded together.  It really looks like this right pipe is
going to be in the way when I lower the motor.

Thanks,

Dave