Re: Dropping the motor out the botom

To: DJoh797014@aol.com
Subject: Re: Dropping the motor out the botom
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 1999 11:24:52 -0800

DJoh797014@aol.com wrote:.....

> 4..  Remove the hood but not before marking the hinge placement
>      so ot will line up when reinstalled.  Us chalk or magic marker.

Dave,

If your hood is well aligned, my favorite technique is to drill two 1/8
inch holes through the hinges and under-panel of the hood, one on each
side of each hinge center web (four holes).

 You must be careful to STOP after the first layer of hood. An
adjustable drill stop set of disks with allen screws will help if you
are over-eager.  Trick here is to use a spring loaded center punch to
stop drill wander and a good sharp new drill bit.

When you put it back together, a few 1/8 inch drill rod dowels, or back
side of drill bits, will assist in aligning the hood to exactly the
position it was when you removed it, INCLUDING and hinge spring back
that might have existed.  This alignment is done after the bolts are in
and slightly touching.  Get some extra hands, and tape the front of the
body in the front hood area in case you let the hood get too close.

Steve

--
                      < one first win, is all >
                      < you get in this life. >