Re: Frame/Front Crossmember

To: MWood24020@aol.com
Subject: Re: Frame/Front Crossmember
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:00:42 -0500
At 08:40 PM 2/11/99 EST, you wrote:

>The spacers are the only means of changing caster on a stock front end. They
>should only be found on the rear section of the cross member mount. I think I
>used about a total of 1/4" of spacer to find about 5 degrees of caster.
>Mike Wood

Mike,
        The shims may be the major contributor to caster, but minor
caster changes can be accomplished by adding a shim(s) to only one of the
bolts that hold the upper A arm on.  Adding a shim to the forward bolt will
 decrease the  caster by moving the upper ball joint forward a bit.
 This also effects the camber, so you may have to change the thickness
 of the "2 bolt" shims as well.  Toe is also changed when the
 shims are changed.

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others