Re: Whole Lotta Tiger

To: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Whole Lotta Tiger
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 21:25:14 -0500
At 07:11 PM 2/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Speedvisons " Legends of Motorsports" is on now, covering the '66 Acropolis
>rallye. Peter Harper and his Tiger are all over the place in this one.
>You'll cringe at the pounding the car takes on the goat trials they use for
>roads. What I want to know is why the fulcrum pins or ball joints didn't
>explode!
>Check the schedule. they'l probably run it again later tonight.

Paul,
        I watched that show also.  Consider that the Tiger was
probably new at that time.  Worn ball joints shouldn't have
been a problem.  There was a nice standing start acceleration
shot.  Two black marks for about 150 feet with no wheel hop.
What I couldn't understand was that the Tiger was in front
the whole way and it only got 8th overall.  Of course this
was a rally so the first finisher is not necessarly the
winner, but I assumed that the "winner" of each leg
would start the next leg. A mini-cooper
won the thing I think.
        My cable company, TWC never has any on line
info on what is on Legends.  It is frustrating, as all the
other channels have on line information about the programs.
Is there a Speedvision Guide available?

James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others