Re: Fuel pump switch

To: "Rich Atherton" <gumby@connectexpress.com>,
Subject: Re: Fuel pump switch
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:37:22 -0800
Guys,

This thread is sounding more and more like an electrical version of the
Gordian knot. I think somebody with a pair of dikes (you know what I mean,
damnit), is just going to cut the wires to this elaborate puzzle and twist
the ends together and drive off.

Bob

At 12:18 PM 2/22/99 -0800, Rich Atherton wrote:
>>I was thinking about wiring up a supplemental panel under the dash with a
>>bunch of dummy switches.  Only one would be the real one for the fuel pump.
>>The others would be labeled "Ejection Seat,,"  "Passenger Voltage",
>"Machine
>>Gun - Armed",  "Auto Pilot."  It would have been perfect for Maxwell Smart.
>>;^)
>>
>>Rob Kempinski
>>Melbourne Fl
>>
>>Rob Kempinski
>

>    Good idea, but even better, wire them up in series so that  a patern for
>the switches must be set for power to reach the pump.  Kind of like entering
>a key code.  would be easy to do.
>
>Rich

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com