Re: Insurance Scam

To: Tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance Scam
From: LannieH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 20:56:39 EST
Here in Nevada the insurance company is required to notify the DMV when you
cancel your insurance & then the state will contact the car owner.  I don't
know how well this works, but it looks like it would give them some idea on
who doesn't have insurance.  I know they randomly send out notifications
requesting proof of insurance, with fines if you don't reply in the proper
time period or if you do not have insurance.  I'm sure a lot of the "random"
notifications come from the names the insurance companies send them.

Lannie Hunton
65 Tiger