Re: Shelby Series I (no Tiger content)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shelby Series I (no Tiger content)
From: Craig Wright <craig@p-d-g.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 10:59:39 -0800
Old Shell is also selling about 600/year of the "Kit" Cobra's. These can be had
with aluminum or fiberglass bodies. (Most are glass, as it is more practical.)
He does not sell them completed, but has a value added reseller as a tenant in
his factory that will complete the car to your specs. They do excellent work. A
completed car with 427 is about 90k. He will sell you the "roller which is very
complete less finish, engine, and transmission for $43,000 fob Vegas.

These are being treated as Shelby's by SAAC, and are including them in the
register that was recently published. Will they appreciate in the years to
come? I don't know, but they stand a much better chance than any other "Kit"
car. He is also coming out this summer with an FIA 289 replica. It is a replica
in that the frame is like the original (smaller than the 427), has the
transverse leaf spring in the front, and all of the other differences from the
427 Cobra.  They have also started work on a Daytona Coupe.

Craig Wright

--
Craig Wright                    Product Design Group, Inc.
craig@p-d-g.com                 4635 Viewridge Ave.