Ignition timing

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Ignition timing
From: larry rominger <larrydr1@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 20:32:37 -0500
Hey listers,

I have seen various posts from time to time and read various aticles
relative to proper ignition timing and dwell setting for my Tiger. I
have seen everything from the workshop manual, which recommends 8
degrees initial with 26 to 31 degrees dwell, to an ancient tech tip
recommending 18 degrees initial with 24 degrees dwell. I have tried each
of those settings and many combinations in between with marginal
results. The engine still delivers only mediocre performance.

I am running a 289 with Mallory dual point distributor and an Edelbrock
600 cfm four barrell with vacuum secondaries.. There is no vacuum
advance on the distributor.

I would appreciate any suggestions, comments, anecdotes, etc. regarding
the proper initial timing and dwell setting comination for this setup.

Thanks,

Larry Rominger
B9473280