Re: Ahagggggggggggg!

To: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Ahagggggggggggg!
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 21:20:00 -0700
Jim, et Listers,

Which cylinder would get most of the oil depends on the intake manifold
design. But, not even knowing the layout, it would be surprising to me if
oil coming in at the rear of your carburetor base distributor were evenly
distributed to all the cylinders. Even getting a uniform air/fuel mixture
to all the cylinders is hard to do. That's why it's better to run a little
rich overall, to account for these variations and avoid burning exhaust valves.

Keep us informed with the diagnosis.

TTFN,

Bob

At 09:16 PM 5/17/99 -0400, James Barrett wrote:
>At 03:12 PM 5/17/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >Jim,
> >
> >I hope like hell it's just the PCV sucking oil into #4 cylinder.
> >
> >Bob
>        Appears to be #4 that is oiling. How would the PCV valve
>do that? The PCV valve hose connects to the rear of the base of the
>Holly Double pumper.
>
>James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others

Robert L. Palmer
Dept. of AMES, Univ. of Calif., San Diego
rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu
rpalmer@cts.com