Re: The All Knowing Tiger List - Graphics (no Tiger content)

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The All Knowing Tiger List - Graphics (no Tiger content)
From: "Malcolm McDonald" <malcolm@daviesisland.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 07:58:14 -0400
George,

To put together a professional CD-ROM that has those kinds of features and
much.. much.. more there is one tool that everybody uses, Macromedia's
Director.  The new version Studio 7 has too many features to name but it is
extremely flexible. In addition to making CD-ROMs, Director is a great tool
for producing web multimedia ( ie. shockwave, flash, Javascript).  It is
easy to port any project over to the web if you do it in Director.

The down side is that the program costs about a $1,000 and the learning
curve is steep.  There are a lot of people making a lot of money building
CD-ROM's with Director.  For a cheaper alternative you can try using
Javascript and HTML but the results will not be as good nor will it be as
platform friendly.

Good luck,
Malcolm
B382100317LRXFE

PS. Is anyone going to the British Car Show this weekend in Richmond, VA?