Re: TT fiberglass hood from hell

To: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: TT fiberglass hood from hell
From: Ken Tisdale <ktisdale@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 14:32:38 -0600
--------------F08ECC755E616A66AAFFC8DE

I purchased a fiberglass LAT hood from a source in SoCal. Getting it to
fit "correctly" took a lot of time and pain, and the folks who did the
fit, prep, and paint for me have threatened to "shoot on sight" anyone
who brings a LAT hood near their shop. That said, it may not be a
perfect fit, but it looks pretty nice. If I had to do it over again, I'd
get an Alpine hood and have a "great" bidy shop modify it for the NACA
ducts and scoop. It couldn't cost any more than the LAT hood + the work
that had to be done...;-)

--
Ken Tisdale
Systems Engineer