list lurker uncovered

Subject: list lurker uncovered
From: Colin Cobb <cobmeister@zianet.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 22:00:35 -0600
Hey Gang,

Well, it turns out we have had a luckless lurker on this list for some
time now...

"Lurker" 'cause he doesn't post to the list, "luckless" because he tries
to post and the messages disappear into the ether... Imagine, if you
will, this lonely Tiger owner crying out in the Wilds of West Texas with
nary a response...

The new Tigerist's name is Daniel Eisland and he resides in El Paso, TX,
about 45 or 50 miles south of me. He is the bona fide 2nd owner of his
well documented Tiger which he purchased from the car's original owner
in March. The blue car is a very late '66 (first reg in '67) with the
stock 260 and an upgraded 2V carb and cam upgrade. He says the car wants
a re-spray but is very, very original... complete tool kit, unused spare
tire, etc, etc. Unfortunately, the brake booster is missing as is the
original air cleaner assembly. The car was a little bit ill-used and
crudded up but Daniel has it running strong now and has put about 300
miles on the car.

Daniel, who contacted me by (gasp!) telephone is hoping for help in two
areas:

1) How come his posts to the list don't show up on the list even though
he is properly subscribed and is reading all our daily insanity? He is
mailing messages to tigers@autox.team.net but they never show up. If
anyone has any ideas please let him (e-ddress above) or me know. He is
using MS Internet Explorer.

2) His factory hardtop is a little rough around the edges. He is looking
for replacement corners and some of the channel pieces. He has tried the
usual suspects (SS, SC) without luck and is now considering Vicky Brit
even though they do not have all the stuff he needs. It seems to me
there was some traffic about hardtop repairs a year or so ago... Anybody
have any ideas?

Speaking of ideas, thanks to those of you made suggestions about sources
for a replacement throttle cable for Tigger. I obtained a cable from
Sunbeam Specialties and should get it installed in the next couple of
days. I plan to rebuild the broken cable with braided stainless and
carry it for a spare just in case I am ever again, God forbid, tempted
at a stop light...

Speaking of tempted at stop lights, this is British Car week and I
assume we are all out driving the bejesus out of our little
Anglo-'Murrican cars?

Cheers!

--Colin Cobb, Outside Las Cruces, NM, USA