Fw: new Tiger owner

To: "Tiger News Group Address" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: new Tiger owner
From: "Tim Ronak" <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 12:20:05 -0600
----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Ronak
To: Tim Ronak
Sent: Thursday, June 03, 1999 8:31 AM

----- Original Message -----
From: Tim Ronak
To: tigers@autox.team.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 8:26 AM
Subject: new Tiger owner

Listers,
I hope this gets through as it seems sometimes it doesn't.
I would like to capitalize on the generosity i have seen over these listing
in the last couple of weeks.
I have recently purchased a Tiger and i would like to enhance the
performance with some late model technology upgrades as well as with some
parts that i have laying around. So to speed up my learning curve and avoid
wrecking some rare Tiger peices I have some general questions for all. i
would like to only use Bolt on stuff as i do not want to permanently
disfigure the car as it is very original and complete right down to the
original warranty book with Tool kit (Theo and i discovered this on Sunday)
and the trunk floor clips for the jack. Also except for some minor service
repairs the car is fairly original and if anyone has questions about
location it would probably be a good reference point.

First, Can i install an MSD and retain the The stock Tach and points or is
it necessary to use an electronic pickup such as an ignitor and an
aftermarket Tach? Where can you hide it?

Second, I have a Hurst competition plus shifter on a GM super T-10 and i was
wondering if it will work on the Top Loader with the right linkage kit. (I
actually hope to use a Jerico shifter as it is significantly stronger and
more positive but it is essentially identical in dimensions to the Hurst)

Third, Where can i find a posi with about a 3.73 gear ratio and heavy duty
axles? Is it possible to get one out of a wreckers? (Theo Smit indicated to
me that Jaguar was the way to go but if any one has the bolt in crossover to
model and type it would be helpful...Jag stuff seems that it would be
pricey)

Forth, Theo was gracious enough to loan his BOOK OF NORMAN and I would
really like a copy...Help me please I would really like a Book of Norman!
please! Theo also had some rather hard to find stuff that he basically gave
me THANKS A LOT THEO!!!!

Fifth, In the Book of Norman I saw a couple of things that really interested
me...a rear sway bar and rear disk brakes who has them or what are they off
of as i would really like to put a set on my car.

Sixth, Does anyone have a spare Black GT lower rear seat cushion (Behind the
seats on the floor) I want to involve my whole family in my new love and my
8 year old has complained that the floor is really hard?

Boy talk about being an opportunist! Thanks in advance to those that respond
and where possible I will return in kind.
regards,
Tim Ronak
B382000680
timinvan@fox.nstn.ca