RE: National club

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: National club
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 12:09:29 -0600
Hi all,
I am a relative newcomer to the List and to Tigering in general, but I've been
involved in the canadian motorsports scene (at least on a regional level) for
the last 14 years or so, and I've watched a few national and regional
organizations auger into the ground because of infighting and because of the
various disciplines each deciding that their needs were more important than the
others. I don't know if there is anything that can be done about that in the
traditional 'club' sense when it's applied to a national or international level.

Enter the Internet.

Isn't this mailing list the _international_ Tiger club? It's a little
disorganized, but every level and aspect of Tiger appreciation is presented here
on an equal level, and everyone's voice is equally heard and considered. Various
individuals maintain their own websites to reflect their particular vision of
Tigering, and maybe they and others will jointly participate in contributing to
an edited, 'master' Website, where a consensus view or all views can be
presented. The distribution of knowledge and information was never this easy and
could never be as complete as it is in this forum.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705