Re: Spark Advance

To: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: Spark Advance
From: James Barrett <jamesbrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 19:37:59 -0400
At 11:53 AM 6/6/99 -0700, you wrote:
>Steve, Tim, et Listers,

...let me say again that TDC has been checked versus piston position,
>and the timing tape is the CORRECT tape and, finally, the new timing light
>with the knob you adjust for alignment at TDC confirms all the previous
>measurements ...
>So, the best way I can see to find the optimum advance it terms of max
>output is to find someone with an accelerometer that would be willing to
>let me use it to check acceleration versus timing advance. Anyone in the
>San Diego area, Riverside, Orange County, etc. have, ...
>I love a mystery,
>
>Bob
        Try spending $140 for a GtecPro or search the internet
for GtecPro and get the another brand unit ( with a cable output) for
the same price.  I noticed the latest ads for the GtecPro has three
suction cups instead of one.  Maybe they had the same mounting
problem I did.
The GtecPro reads constant and peak HP, 1/4 mile times&speed,
constant Gs, peak Gs and 0 to 60 mph. ( not all at the same
time).
James Barrett Tiger II 351C and others