Tach hookup

To: "Tiger List" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tach hookup
From: "Doug & Rett Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 20:57:00 -0400
chuck & list;
one of us is definately missing something. I have checked the hookup on my
own car, it is connected to the distributor side of the coil. I'm just a
dumb mechanic, not a rocket scientist (Laifman's job) but it seems to me
that if the tach is connected in the feed to the coil before the ballast
resistor that there should be 12 volts at that point and nothing for the
tach to count. If this is indeed what the service manual shows then my car
is wrong, & I understand the world even less than I thought I did.
Doug Leithauser