RE: Tach hookup

To: "'Doug & Rett Leithauser'" <dleit@mintcity.com>,
Subject: RE: Tach hookup
From: Theo Smit <TSmit@novatel.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 07:25:43 -0600
Doug,
What kind of tach do you have? If it is a factory tach then the wire that loops
through the little lug on the back connects to the (+) side of the coil and it
provides the power to the coil. If it is an aftermarket tach then the coil power
is (most likely) provided separately, and the sense wire from the tach connects
to the points side of the coil.

Original Tiger tachs count current, not voltage, and they have to be connected
appropriately. Current sense tachs and voltage sense tachs are not the same.

Theo Smit
tsmit@novatel.ca
B382002705
http://members.home.net/tsmit/tiger1.html       <<<<<<< New stuff. Rollbar