Re: Temperature Gauges

To: Mike Sutter <mjsutter@cts.com>,
Subject: Re: Temperature Gauges
From: Stu Brennan <sbrennan@master.ncounty.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 22:40:48 -0400
A couple questions.  Where did you put the thermocouple? Right in the
coolant next to the sensor, or somewhere else?

When you are running in cold weather, or rain, where you have great
cooling and your system is riding at the thermostat temperature, how
does the gauge reading compare to your thermostat temperature?  Mine,
for instance, stabilizes about 10 degrees F above the thermostat temp.
It did this with my 160 thermostat, and does it now with my 180.  The
gauges are crude, so it's possible this is just calibration error.  I've
never tried it with a TC.   Mine is the stock setup for the gauge and
sensor.

Stu Brennan