Fresh Air Grill Removal

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Fresh Air Grill Removal
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 11:01:03 -0400
     I used a tool I made for my Jetta's air cleaner box. There was so much
     crap around the box that it was hard to get all the latches closed
     after a filter change.

     Made from a coat hanger, it has a little hook on the end that would go
     in through the slots, and allow you to pull up on the grill from
     behind.  Pull at the ends near the push in clips that hold them in
     place, not in the middle.  This way there's no prying on your
     otherwise good surfaces.  Remember to touch up the scratches on the
     back before you put them back in.

     Stu