Re: New Carb's

To: Bill Martin <bmartin@snf.stanford.edu>, Tim Ronak <timinvan@fox.nstn.ca>
Subject: Re: New Carb's
From: Bob Palmer <rpalmer@ames.ucsd.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:03:54 -0700
Bill,

I took a look at the Holley Excelerator and it sure looks impressive. I'm
not familiar with the dominator either, so "Idle and highspeed air bleeds
on the pre fuel emulsifcation circuits" is new territory for me. What jet
sizes did it come with? I imagine they set it up pretty rich since it's
designed for maximum HP output, not street use. Let us know what you think
after you get it dialed in and what it took. BTW, why did you go with the
600 cfm and not the 650? Also, what is the best source and their price?

Happy racin' Bill,

Bob

At 07:49 AM 7/16/99 -0700, Bill Martin wrote:

>  Hi the Bob and Tim,
>
>  It is funny that you guys have been yacking about the carb thing lately
>as I purchased a Holley 4150 600cfm pn 80540-1 about a month ago. For
>those that don't know it looks like a mini dominator. This is Holley's
>Road race carb, no choke, or anything else on the carb. I am still trying
>to dial it in and am waiting on the air bleed kit. This carb uses the
>dominator style Idle and highspeed air bleeds on the pre fuel
>emulsifcation circuits and four corner idle air bleeds. The carb
>  came jetted rich for my application so I get to play dial in. If you want
>to see a picture, Holley's home page has pictures of the new stuff, It's
>in there Excelerator line. I will re-post when I have it dialed in.
>Bill

Robert L. Palmer
UCSD, Dept. of AMES
619-822-1037 (o)