Tools & Fans

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Tools & Fans
From: "rflynn" <rflynn@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:43:14 +0100 (BST)
My saturday morning project (after watching cartoons of course) is
installing one of those mythical 6-bladed FoMoCo fans on mon Tigre.
Unfortunately, 3500 miles separate me from my usual source of tools
(Dad), so I need to beg, borrow, & steal to get the job done.  Can
anyone help answer the following questions so I can get through this
job with the minimum of false starts:

- What tools will I need (sockets, spanners, etc.)

- Do I *need* to take the radiator shroud off, is that a bad
  idea, or a good idea?

- To get the new fan off, do I need to take the pully off or
  can I just unbolt the current fan and put on the new one
  directly?  (I guess I'm asking if the fan bolts into the
  pully or bolts through the pulley.)

thanks in advance,

rick