inquiry 072399b

To: "National Corporation (E-mail)" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: inquiry 072399b
From: "Wright, Larry" <larry.wright@usop.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 08:07:35 -0400
Robert Dobrowski wrote:
>Last night I went out and measured my Tiger and TR-6
>TR-6   156 1/4"
>Tiger   155 5/8"

Gee, thanks! I didn't mean to start a major controversy; I just thought
that the Tiger does _look_ shorter than the TR6 and the Healey
(especially the latter, with both a straight six and a back seat -- in
the later years). I guess "the numbers don't lie", except that in the
magazine, they did. Also, in The Standard Book of Imported Cars, they
showed differing lengths for various years of the TR which couldn't be
accounted for by the bumper guards installed on the 1974's (?).

Mark L. wrote:
>Every few weeks they put nuts, bolts and washers on sale.
>Grade 2 - $.99 per lb. Grade
>5 - $1.49 lb. and grade 8 about $1.99
>If they're small pieces you can buy an awful lot for 2 or 3 dollars.
>If there is a good farm supply store in the area, check them out.

That sounds like a great deal; do the bolts _smell_ any different? :^)

James Barrett wrote:
>I sent about a dozen copies of my scale drawing to various Tiger
>owners.  No one has mentioned that they did any thing with it.

I recall an e-mail -- but not from whom or whether it was on the List or
private -- from someone considering a scale-model vacuum molded Tiger
body of the type used on slot cars and/or radio-controlled cars. What
else could we do with an accurate 3-D Tiger image?
a) a Jello mold (how close is Strawberry to Carnival Red?)
b) Jewelry -- although, as I mentioned before, Susan said she would not
wear earrings made from those little Micro Machines Tigers. Hey, have
you seen the magazine ads for little silver/gold/pewter sports car
jewelry? They have every marque, it appears, _except_ Sunbeam.
c) Go-Kart or pedal car body
d) a ceramic/clay replica -- how about made into a flower vase or
planter? or a lamp?
e) sadly, the proportions seem wrong to make a Tiger-shaped mailbox; you
know, like the ones you see shaped like locomotives or fire trucks?
Unless, of course, we're talking the 1926 Tiger, which seems more
mailbox-shaped. I had been toying with the idea of making my mailbox
look like a Bugatti, but the '26 Tiger would be better still.
f) What else?

Lawrence R. Wright
Purchasing Analyst
Andrews Office Products Div. of USOP