Re: Tigers VS Corvette's

To: Steve Wickland <wickland@poseidontech.com>
Subject: Re: Tigers VS Corvette's
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 13:11:55 -0700
Steve Wickland wrote:

> Bennett Cullen-P21988 wrote:
>
> > The Tiger, however will break both of them loose coming off the line and
> > keep them that way unless you let up for a split_second and then punch her
> > again for the thrill of adrenaline (read that acceleration). Then go for 2nd
> > at around 60mph and get another side twitch as they momentarily break loose
> > in second gear. You can keep this up until you run out of gears and
> > petal_metal at which time (as the old song goes "Wow, the telephone poles
> > look like a picket fence...".
>
> Wow, is this typical?  The original road tests were 8.5 sec. to 60 and about
> 16 sec. in the 1/4 if my memory serves.  If I got that out of my Tiger what
> Cullen does, I would have never gone for the 5.0L and T5.
>
> Steve W.

Steve,

It is obvious that you are unaware of the serious under-hood modifications
Cullen
has made to his beloved Tiger.  You, too, could have that kind of performance if
you follow his lead.

First, put in an aluminum radiator, to keep things cool.
Second, put in air conditioning, to keep things cool.
Third, own a heavy foot (or purchase one a The Pep Boys).
Fourth, add the very few more changes he has done.

I am not certain as to all the specifications, but I believe they include 8-9 mm
silicone ignition wires, HiPo spark coil and racing spark plugs, chrome air
cleaner, and after-market aluminum wheels.

Most importantly, he has DUAL and ADJUSTABLE solid state instrument voltage
regulators.  That's worth 50 horsepower right there.

Maybe a few more things. {9->, but I am sworn to secrecy.  Maybe Cullen can be
convinced to 'share'.

Steve

BTW: If you want 'rubber' in all four gears, just buy cheap tires and inflate to
40 psi.  Or drive in the rain for that "breakaway torque".

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                            _/
                     _/_/_/