Re: bonnet release

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: bonnet release
From: ritchie@mcn.org (Armand & Lorie Ritchie)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 12:06:39 -0700
Steve, thanks for the great "hood latch" info.  I had a similar problem in
that my hood would not close all the way.  It was always open a little and
resting on the safety catch.  I found out on closer inspection that the
retaining nut that's on the hood bracket (striker pin plate is it's proper
name) was broken loose.  I tried to weld it to no avail.  It just broke
again with in a few miles.  So I found a source for the hood bracket and
replaced it.  Now my hood closes all the way and opens too.  So anyone else
out there with hood problems, you might check to see if your hood bracket
retaining nut is broken. I think you can obtain one (If he still has any
left?) from:
David Franchi
wwwdg@webtv.net
510-635-3684