Re: Hello

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hello
From: "Mark Meswarb" <mmeswarb@itexas.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 21:53:35 -0500
You can make a blow proof bell housing fit in a Tiger without modifying the
trans tunnel.  And with the motors some of us are building, I think the
extra weight and hassle of a blow-proof is a fair trade off for keeping my
feet.  Once saw a Pantera blow a clutch straight through the roof.  Now
that's scary.

I basically test fitted, then removed material from the bell housing until
it cleared.  Then had flat plate welded across the resulting holes.  Maybe
not ideal, but I'll bet it works better than a factory piece.  Hope I never
have to test it though.

Be safe,
Mark