Re: Faulty(?) Oil filters

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Faulty(?) Oil filters
From: Michael McBeth <mmcbeth@compusmart.ab.ca>
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 17:48:10 -0600
Two people (Robert and Tim Ronak) have suggested this and it is certainly
possible. Which way should it flow? Mine is set up to flow from the centre and
out to the sides, that is why I could unscrew it from the base plate while it
was pressurised. The filter mounting is custom and easily can be reversed:
anybody know which way it should run?

The set up has worked with three other brands of filter, which do incidentally
have anti-drainback valves (AC Delco, Motorcraft, and Kralinator). I'll not be
happy if my brand new expensive engine has suffered!

Michael

> I'm surprised that nobody replied to you with this thought. Could you by
> chance have the oil line hooked up backwards so that you are trying to force
> the oil the wrong direction through the oil filter?....(snip)

It can't hurt to verify that the oil lines are hooked